To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties in assigned area in a satisfactory fashion. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- College level Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent technical training and / or a minimum of 5 years of experience in underground mine equipment maintenance.
- Proven leadership skills and consistent success in providing leadership / management in a mine environment with prior maintenance supervisor experience preferred.
- MSHA electrical card required.
- Mine Examiners certification required.
- Thorough knowledge of all underground mining practices, equipment, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of all state and federal laws and regulations governing the mining of coal.
- Knowledge and ability to make decisions relative to production, maintenance, law, and safety.
Skills, abilities, and physical requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to coordinate with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of closure…” complete what you start”.
- Ability to read and understand mine plans.
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Physical Requirements:
- Stand for 6 to 10 hours on uneven, rocky surfaces
- Ability to do overhead work
- Walk for up to 8 hours at a time in uneven and wet conditions through sections of the mine with varying degrees of clearance and headroom.
- Lift up to 70 pounds without mechanical assistance. Work from elevated positions, walk or climb up and down stairways and ladders and climb on and off equipment and must be able to bend or stoop for a full shift because of the mine height.
- Don and wear required safety equipment including SCSR, respirators, hearing and eye protection, and protective clothing.
- Perform repetitive hand and wrist motions (push, pull, twist, handle), and have rapid reflex movements of the arms and legs and good hand to eye coordination.
- Leadership Presences/Professional
- Recognizes importance of obtaining stakeholder commitment.
- Motivates and inspires his/her team.
- Supports senior management’s decisions to his/her staff in a positive manner.
- Results Oriented
- Finds and commits resources to get the job done; takes ownership for actions and outcome.
- Attacks obstacles and usually finds path to successful outcome.
- Provides encouragement and support to others in accepting responsibility; does not accepting others’ denial of responsibility without questioning.
- Develops Talent
- Can identify or recognize high potential talent.
- Provides job coaching that facilitates genuine learning and behavior change.
- Supports diversity and inclusion by proactively seeking these qualified candidates.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Creates an inclusive environment that encourages and embraces diversity; values each employee’s individuality, unique skills, and experiences.
- Proactively tries to build effective working relationship with people within and across other departments. Actively promotes cooperation with other departments.
The characteristics listed herein describe the work environment the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. While performing the duties of this employment position, the employee:
- Will work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas and will be subjected to extremes of ambient temperature.
- Will encounter noise levels that will necessitate the wearing of hearing protection.