- High School Diploma or GED required
- Enrollment in 2 year degree program, certification program, or 4 year degree program required.
- Must possess highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Adherence to high ethical standards and integrity are absolutely required.
- Proficiency with computers is preferred.
- Understand preventive maintenance tracking and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Skills, abilities and physical requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work any assigned shift, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work unsupervised as required.
- Physical Requirements:
- Work in close quarters
- Work from elevated positions, walk or climb up and down stairways and ladders and climb on and off of equipment and must be able to bend or stoop for a full shift.
- Don and wear required safety equipment including respirators, hearing and eye protection, and protective clothing.
The characteristics listed herein describe the work environment the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. While performing the duties of this employment position, the employee:
- Works in a job site environment.
- Works in a power plant or coal mine environment at all times.
- Is exposed to very noisy and dirty environment occasionally.
- Is exposed to industrial safety hazards routinely.
- Routinely travels to other plant sites for maintenance.