To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties in assigned area in a satisfactory fashion. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- BS degree in engineering and 15 years of experience working in a supercritical or pulverized coal power plant environment required.
- Previous experience with utility related equipment and systems and three years of work related experience in power plant operations or maintenance directly related to thermal preformance equipment and project engineering required.
- Knowledge and skill associated with thermodynamics and heat transfer analysis are required.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills for combustion and boiler reliability required.
- Microsoft Office Suite, for preparation of presentations and reports.
- Experience with IBM Maximo CMMS preferred.
Skills, abilities and physical requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to proactively and without direction, identify and correct performance issues
- Ability to read and understand maintenance procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain a highly organized work environment
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work unsupervised as required.
- Ability to sit, stand, reach, stoop, and lift boxes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
The characteristics listed herein describe the work environment the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. While performing the duties of this employment position, the employee:
- Must be able to walk distances of up to a quarter of a mile over rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Must be comfortable working in an industrial environment and around high pressure steam.